HOME BUILDING PRODUCTS
Products to Consider When Building Your New Home
This is offered as a partial list of suggested building products for resource purposes only and is not meant as a recommendation of any one company/product. Some of the information below may become dated and/or subject to change without notice.
Products for the Kitchen, Bath or Laundry
- W.A.C. Lighting (www.waclighting.com). Invisible Pro flexible LED lighting, thin under-cabinet lighting system, 1/8" thick with self-adhesive tape and dimmer.
- GE Consumer & Industrial (www.geappliances.com). The Profile bottom-mount refrigerator comes with convenient features for food storage, tall ice-and-water dispenser and various styles and finishes.
- GE Front Load Washers & Dryers (www.geappliances.com). RIGHT-HEIGHT washer/dryers for convenient access without the added expense of buying separate pedestals.
- LG FRENCH DOORS (DOOR-IN-DOOR) (www.lg.com). Lg-LFX31945ST-french-3-door-refrigerator: door-in-door feature allows for quick access to the most commonly needed items without opening the entire refrigerator. Users simply push a button on the door handle to release the magnetic seal, keeping cold air in the rest of the unit.
- Delta (www.deltafaucet.com). Delta kitchen faucets offer selections which include single handle, two-handle, pull-out or pull-down and matching bar or prep area options. Many styles feature the convenient touch on/off technology.
- Recessed Exhaust Connection (www.dryerbox.com). Aluminized steel box recessed into stud wall allows dryer to be installed flush without crushing dryer hose.
Innovative Bath Heaters:
- Heated Towel Bars (www.runtalnorthamerica.com). Warm your towels or your clothes and add heat to the bathroom at the same time.
- Wall-mounted Radiant Heat (www.warmlyyours.com). Wall mounted glass panels available in a variety of colors and finished including a mirror finish, serving a dual purpose.
AFFORDABLE SMALL HOUSE PLANS
Products for Getting Organized in Small House Plans
- ProClosets (www.proclosets.com) Company offers a complete line of custom storage options directly online.
- Moduline (www.modulinecabinets.com) Stylish aluminum cabinet storage for the garage or basement
- Hidden Doors (www.hiddendoorsbydesign.com). Bookcases, drawers or cabinets as a door system for any room.
EXPANDABLE HOUSE PLANS
Products That Save Energy
- Full Back FC (www.fullbackfc.com). Siding Insulation for Fiber Cement
- Prodigy (www.alside.com). Insulated vinyl siding with 1.5 in. thick foam insulation laminated to the siding offers an R-value up to 3.5. Available in 3 profiles and 21 colors.
- CedarBoards (www.certainteed.com). Insulated Board-and-Batten siding, 10"/2" widths with ½" expanded polystyrene insulation laminated to the back of 10' length panels available in 12 colors.
- Exterior Portfolio by Crane (www.exteriorportfolio.com). Insulation-backed board-and-batten siding increases energy efficiency and is resistant to winds up to 150 mph and reduces noise up to 45%.
- R-Max Durasheath3 (www.rmax.com). Rigid foam plastic thermal insulation board composed of environmentally sound, closed cell, polyisocyanurate foam core bonded to specially coated glass fiber mat facers on each side, suitable for use in stud or cavity wall installations on either the exterior or interior wall surface.
- Foil faced plywood panels from Timber Products Co. (www.timberproducts.com) block 97% of radiant heat, lowering attic temperatures and reducing utility costs. Panels are 4'x8' and come in 3 thicknesses.
- Powerhouse Solar Shingles (www.dowsolar.com). Photovoltaic (PV) panels that can be integrated into rooftops with standard asphalt roofing.
- Radiant Floor Heat (www.warmfloor.com). Energy efficient, low voltage radiant heating units for indoor and outdoor applications.
- Other Radiant Heat Manufacturers (www.nuheat.com), (www.runtalnorthamerica.com), (www.suntouch.com), (www.warmlyyours.com).
DOWNSIZING HOUSE PLANS
Products That Save Space in Small House Plans
Walk-in Tubs for Small Spaces, Age-in-Place, and Barrier Free Baths:
- Safety Tubs (www.safetytubs.com) Tubs are 48"x28"x38" and come either acrylic or gel coated fiberglass, with 45 gal capacity, molded built-in seat, and are also available with water and/or bubble jets.
- Bathing Solutions (www.bathingsolutions.com) Model 26 measures 26"x53"x37", small enough to fit through doorways during a remodel.
Tubs for Small Spaces:
- American Standard – Huron (www.americanstandard.com). (4ft long) msrp $496-$545
- Canadian company – Neptune (www.produitsneptune.com) Wind - (corner tub) 60"x30"x20" tapered, 21" deep, hold 56 gal.
- Kohler (www.kohler.com). Proflex – corner tub, measures 54"x54"x20-½", clipped front angle (56.5" from corner to face), holds 76 gallons of water and fits two people (or 3 large dogs). Amazingly (at the time of writing) this is available from Amazon.com with free shipping for around $900.
Flooring Products for Eco & Green House Plans
- Plyboo from Smith & Fong Co. (www.plyboo.com). Formaldehyde-free certified bamboo flooring and bamboo plywood.
Outdoor Products for the Yard and Deck
Outdoor Fencing, decking and railing:
- Lifetime Lumber (www.lifetimelumber.com). Privacy Fencing and Pergolas made with composite lumber resistant to rot, moisture and termites.
- Trex Transcend (www.trex.com). Low maintenance decking and railing.
- Enduris decking, railing, and fencing (www.enduris.com). Stylish and super low maintenance outdoor products made from durable, inorganic materials which will not foster mold or fungal growth.
LARGE HOUSE PLANS
- Shutters (www.atlanticpremiumshutters.com). ProSeries shutters made from exterior-grade composite wood that will not rot, crack or split, available in a variety of styles and comes factory primed.
- Basement access doors (www.bilco.com). Direct basement access, IRC-2009 egress code compliant, convenient access to mechanical equipment and available in no maintenance polyethylene construction.
- Vented Door Sidelites (www.thermatru.com). (New Product) Full-lite vented
sidelites with decorative glass options, eliminating the
need for storm doors and sliding screens. Convenient and beautiful way to ventilate. Available in several different
- Single Track Slider VSW65(www.nanawall.com). Sliding-door system which allows individual panels to slide out of the way to create large openings.
- DOOR MOTION TECHNOLOGIES - RESIDENTIAL DOOR OPERATORS (www.doormotiontechnologies.com)
The DuraSwing 4R unlocks, power opens, holds open,
power closes and re-locks the door and can be operated
with a variety of hand-held remote transmitters.
- POWER ACCESS (www.power-access.com). Power Access is a Connecticut manufacturer of automatic door openers that are designed to assist the handicapped through side hinged doors, or for anyone who finds a closed door a problem.
- Pet Doors and Pet Panels (www.jeld-wen.com/planning-projects/projects/pet-panels) provide easy access for your pets without sacrificing style.
JELD-WEN factory-installed door systems provide an integrated solution for maximum style, convenience and reliability.
JELD-WEN Builders Vinyl Sliding Patio Doors with Pet Panel offer an ENERGY STAR qualified door with a secure-closing pet screen, featuring an easy-to-operate WEN-Lock system
and a clear flap. The pet door flap stays closed via a magnetic pull that prevents it from being blown open by strong winds, and is flexible enough to allow for easy passage. The rest
of the sliding glass door system operates as a standard sliding patio door.
CAROLINA HOME PLANS, LLC, 825-C Merrimon Avenue, #392, Asheville, North Carolina 28804. Contact us by email:
Order online anytime or call (828) 817-9717 during business hours.
All designs created by Carolina Home Plans, LLC and displayed on this website are strictly protected by copyright laws. Any infringement can result in damages of up to $150,000 plus attorney fees.